B. We are committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Policy applies to our website ("Website"). By using our Website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement. Should you disagree with any aspect of this Policy, please stop accessing and using the Website.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. In order to provide services to you, and ensure that your use of our Website is enjoyable, sometimes we need to collect your Personal Information. The types of information we collect are explained in detail below at paragraphs 4 and 5.
2. We may collect information in various ways, including:
(a) via forms you fill out (including forms on our Website);
(b) through face to face meetings and interviews;
(c) through telephone calls, facsimiles and emails;
(d) through your dealings with our contractors or consultants; and
(e) from third parties, for example from references or referrals.
3. We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary for our business activities and we will only collect such information through lawful means.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
4. We collect Personal Information that you supply directly to us. For example, when you visit the Website or when you purchase goods and services from us, you may be asked to provide your email address, full name, home or work address, date of birth and telephone number.
5. We will automatically collect some information when you visit the Website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. We use this information to maintain the quality of our business activities and to gather general statistics regarding use of the Website. Such information is usually anonymous, except where you have previously provided us your personal information and have cookies enabled (see paragraphs 6 to 8 below.
6. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server when you use the Website, which allows us to recognise you as a user when you next visit the Website. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
8. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Website.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. In general, we will only use or disclose information for the purposes set out in this Policy or for the purpose for which the information was collected. Primarily, we will hold and use your Personal Information to help us improve your experience and enable us to conduct business with you. We may also hold, use or disclose your Personal Information:
(a) for the purposes set out in paragraphs 10 to 12;
(b) to monitor and control use of the Website;
(c) to provide services and information to you unless you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such services or information;
(d) where otherwise legally permitted or required by law; or
(e) for any other purpose that you authorise.
10. We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information is not transferred to the third party.
11. We may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
12. We may aggregate and use any information that we collect from you that is not personally identifiable in order to help us develop our business activities.
13. In using the Website, you may choose to access third party websites via links on the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on third party websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of such websites.
MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
14. We hold the personal information you provide us on computer servers in a controlled and secure environment. In doing so, your information is protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that you are aware that information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure and susceptible to loss.
15. As a condition of employment, our staff and volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals.
16. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, use, retain or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide us. Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and request correction of any Personal Information held by us or within our control. It is recommended that you:
(a) advise us of any errors in personal information; and
(b) keep us up to date with changes in personal information such as changes your name and address.
17. To update your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. We may charge you any reasonable costs that we may incur as a consequence of responding to such a request, provided that we provide you with notice of such a charge prior to any costs being incurred.
18. When Personal Information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
19. We will occasionally update this Policy to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
20. We welcome your comments regarding this Policy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please contact us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.