Wild Photography in the Middle of Middle-earth
Photograph the precious inhabitants of Tāne’s garden as they flutter, float, crawl and soar in the early morning light. Discover an enchanting guarded valley where creatures that time forgot live free. Two hours before the gates of Zealandia open, your guides – trained in photography and the ways of native wildlife – will grant you private access to this special land where the clock is turning back, and provide tips on how to catch rare species on camera.
- Private guided photography tour 8-10am plus stay ‘til 5pm if you like, exhibition entry included.
- Gates open to public at 10am. Rata Café on site.
- Post-dawn early light as sunlight enters the shaded valley.
- Guides: Professional photographer Simon Woolf and a Zealandia guide.
- Instructions, terms and conditions
Feedback from an earlier Zealandia photo workshop:
“Really enjoyed the day with Simon and Stephen – great learning to be had from those two. And great to do a photo walk through Zealandia.” – Janice M.
You may also like…
…to join a guided Zealandia by Night tour – experience the nocturnal sights, sounds and smells of the forest, looking for kiwi, glow-worms, frogs and other creatures that are active in the dark shadows of our protected valley.