Welcome to our living classroom!
At Zealandia, students and teachers can walk through a regenerating forest thriving with rare and endangered wildlife such as tuatara, saddleback, hihi and more, all living free in their natural habitat.
This outdoors experience is complimented by a short film and interactive exhibits at our natural history museum “Zealandia: The Exhibition”.
Zealandia offers a range of environmental education programmes and supporting resource materials that provide both students and teachers with positive and inspiring environmental experiences: in, about and for the environment.
We are an LEOTC (Learning Outside the Classroom) provider and have qualified and experienced educators.
Our programmes, led by experienced educators:
- Offer fun, innovative, hands-on learning experiences both in and out of the classroom.
- Are adaptable to teacher and student needs.
- Correlate to many of the achievement objectives in the National Curriculum documents.
- Allow students to gain knowledge, understanding and skills about many aspects of our unique natural environment.
- Provide positive environmental experiences for students and teachers alike.