Chef De Partie
Rata Café at ZEALANDIA offers modern cuisine with a conscience and a native twist. Our ethos is working with what nature provides to make delicious food and drink that is not only sustainable, but gives back to the earth. We use ingredients from our onsite organic garden, honey from our hives, and organic ingredients from top suppliers from around New Zealand to create an award winning menu – Rata Café has 14 Conscious Consumer badges, is part of the Ceoliac Dining Out Program and has been awarded both the Munch Award and Heart Foundation awards for our healthy kids menus.
Rata Café at ZEALANDIA is looking for two energetic Chef de parties who want to be a part of a fast paced Kitchen Team, to continue to evolve both food service and culture. The Chef De Partie will work side by side with the Sous Chef & Catering Manager to develop both Café operations and the growing function business at ZEALANDIA.
We are looking for both a full time chef and a casual chef.
To assist the Sous Chef in the effective running of the food operation by preparing all food items to the highest standard and meeting Food Control Plan and budget guidelines.
Responsibilities and duties:
- - The general responsibilities and duties in addition to those of the Kitchen Assistant, and casual Assistant Chef
- - Maintain Food control plan, and manage record keeping.
- - Maintain food safety in the kitchen – i.e. daily temperature checks and cleaning schedule.
- - Control stock movement and under take stock takes.
- - Maintaining kitchen stock levels and being cost conscious by minimising wastage.
- - Checking and weighing any deliveries from suppliers.
- - Ensuring that the Kitchen Assistant's responsibilities and duties are met daily.
- - Sole charge of kitchen and kitchen hands at times
- - Menu Planning
Applicants must have
- - At least 3 years' experience in a café/Restaurant environment
- - An interest in sustainable practices for a commercial kitchen (strongly preferred)
- - Formal training and qualifications or proven experience
- - Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- - Previous experience in creating menus as part of the Ceoliac dining out program, and designing health menus for children
Please email your CV, application form and a short cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 5th October 2017
Cafe and Functions Supervisor
Rata Café at ZEALANDIA is looking for an energetic Supervisor who wants to be a part of a fast paced FOH Team. And to continue to evolve both food service and culture. The Café and Functions Supervisor will work side by side with the Senior Supervisor & Catering Manager to develop both Café operations and the growing function business at ZEALANDIA.
This will include supervising weddings and corporate functions as well as a busy café.
The applicant will preferable have a duty managers certificate or LCQ, but training can be given to the right applicant
We Cater to a wide range of clients and events including: corporate lunches and functions, private parties, weddings and Rata café. The applicant will have strong inter personal qualities, an attention to detail, be confident and calm, be a team player and thrive in a busy Cafe environment. Also able to utilise the many resources ZEALANDIA has on offer. The applicant will be a part of a small and hardworking FOH team, who will be able to assist in the successful growth of the business as it flourishes in the next stage of development. The position is waged and you will be expected to work evenings and split shifts on a 7 day roster.This is an opportunity to really dive into, and take your career to the next level.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a cafe role
- Duty Managers certificate preferable or LCQ Formal training and qualifications or proven experience
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Barista experience Preferable (Training can be given)
- Please email your application form, CV and a short cover letter to Laura Wattie: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike Dennis: Mike.email@example.com.
Closing date 3rd October